- Civil Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Civil Engineering Technology
This program is designed to give the student a thorough knowledge of the basic engineering science and hands-on experience and training in the application of fundamental principles in the analysis, design, and maintenance of civil engineering works. Students in Civil Engineering Technology have the opportunity to prepare themselves for a professional career in one of several areas into which the field is traditionally divided: structures, foundations, surveying, hydraulics, material testing, soil mechanics, and construction. Graduates of this program find challenging opportunities to pursue careers in a broad spectrum of fields including urban transportation systems, industrial and commercial building, pollution control systems, water development systems, and housing and urban planning.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) and Student Outcomes (SOs) of the Civil Engineering Technology program are as follows:
Program Educational Objectives of the CET Program
• To produce CET graduates who can become Managers, Supervisors, entrepreneurs, etc.
• To produce CET graduates who can continue on to graduate school.
• To produce CET graduates who can successfully work in any of the many fields and branches of the Civil Engineering
Technology profession such as; construction management, structures, material testing, surveying, etc.
• To produce CET graduates who can become leaders and cognizant of the professional, societal an global issues facing the Civil Engineering Technology profession.
Student Outcomes of the CET Program
1. An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the Civil Engineering Technology
2. An ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering and
technology to solve Civil Engineering Technology programs
3. An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve Civil Engineering
4. An ability to apply creativity in the design of systems relating to Civil Engineering Technology processes appropriate to program objectives
5. An ability to function effectively on teams
6. An ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems related to the Civil Engineering Technology Profession
7. An ability to communicate effectively
8. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
9. An ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
10. A respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues and
11. A commitment to quality, timeless and continuous improvement