- Civil Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Technology
The program in Mechanical Engineering Technology embraces the application of engineering principles to the design, manufacture, installation, and operation of machines and mechanical systems. The program emphasizes basic principles used in the development and production of such devices as tools, machinery (including production machinery), parts fabrication and more. The student receives a strong foundation in the fundamental areas of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, machine tools and measurement techniques. Classroom lectures are supplemented by laboratory experiments designed to illustrate the application of basic principles in practical devices. Graduates of this program are prepared to work in such fields as machine tools, fluid mechanics, manufacturing, environmental control, and maintenance.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) and Student Outcomes (SOs) of the Mechanical Engineering Technology program are as follows:
Program Educational Objectives of the MET Program
• To produce MET graduates who can become Managers, Supervisors, entrepreneurs, etc.
• To produce MET graduates who can continue on to graduate school.
• To produce MET graduates who can successfully work in any of the many fields and branches of the Mechanical
Engineering Technology profession such as; Manufacturing, Design, Materials, CAD, etc.
• To produce MET graduates who can become leaders and cognizant of the professional, societal and global issues facing the Mechanical Engineering Technology profession.
Student Outcomes of the MET Program
1. An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the Mechanical Engineering
2. An ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering and
technology to solve Mechanical Engineering Technology programs
3. An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve Mechanical
4. An ability to apply creativity in the design of systems relating to Mechanical Engineering Technology processes
appropriate to program objectives
5. An ability to function effectively on teams
6. An ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems related to the Mechanical Engineering Technology Profession
7. An ability to communicate effectively
8. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
9. An ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
10. A respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues and
11. A commitment to quality, timeless and continuous improvement